Cycling Across The Tibetan Plateau
Spring 2019

Where Lucille has been for the past 24 hours.

Monday, May 6, 2019

May 6 - touring in Kathmandu

I woke up early - 0400 but then I had napped most of yesterday.  My stomach seems to have settled down thankfully and the fruit I had at breakfast was good.  After breakfast we spend the time filling out the application for our Chinese visa, and then....the moment of truth....assembling my bike.  A big shout out to Tom and the guys at Revolution cycle for doing such a great job getting me and my bike ready for this trip.
My bike being assembled by the local expert

After all the necessary jobs were done, we went out as a group to tour Kathmandu.  We made three stops, the first was to a Hindu religious site where we observed a cremation.  The second was to Boudhanath Stupa...the largest one in the world.

The third stop was at Durbar square.  



No comments: