Cycling Across The Tibetan Plateau
Spring 2019

Where Lucille has been for the past 24 hours.

Thursday, May 2, 2019

April 30 Chukkung to Pangboche

April 30

The plan was to get up early, leave by 0500 to get up Chukkung Ri, but this morning I just couldn't.  My cold has turned into a chest cold, a I just didn't feel like I had the power to get up and down, then trek for 4-6 hours.  So back to bed for a few more hours, and although we discussed alternatives I just didn't have the strength. I should have done it yesterday when we arrived, but it took to long for the Imodium to kick in!!!!!  Hahaha.

I still had magnificent views of island Peak and Ama Dablam.  The trek back into civilization is always great.  We start seeing more grass, more junipers and of course my favourites the little purple flowers.  It's such a contrast, the small vulnerable temporary flowers against the massive magnificent and powerful mountains.  We didn't see as many Trekkers yesterday which was nice, even once we were back onto the main trekking route.

We ended up in a nice little lodge in Pangboche.  We were the first ones to arrive which was nice....and once again I couldn't venture very far as the Imodium needed more time.

Like most other tea houses this one also has banners covering the walls.  Closer to Everest it's all about Everest and lhotse expeditions while as here they are all Ama Dablam expeditions.  Different routes, the firsts.  Interesting to see.

Tomorrow it will be an early start, off to Namche Bazaar where I will try to find a slice of birthday cake!

No comments: