Cycling Across The Tibetan Plateau
Spring 2019

Where Lucille has been for the past 24 hours.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Trochu Valley School

Today I spent the afternoon at the Trochu Valley School.


The entire school was present to listen to my presentation of climbing Mt Everest. Not only did they listen attentively, but they also participated by asking some great questions. After the slide show, the school surprised me with a cheque for my charity Learn 4 Life, which they fund raised by collecting milk jugs. By the amount that was raised, there must have been quite a few truckloads of jugs collected!!! Way to go Trochu!!! The children of Nepal that are supported by Learn 4 Life thank everyone for participating, that was super.


This is Mrs Schmidt's grade 3 class that followed the entire expedition, and learned a lot along the way. They learned about geography and culture, but what I found the most surprising is that they also did some math related to my climb. For example if Lucille left at 4am, and it took her 3 hours to get to camp 2, then what time did she arrive? Brilliant. The entire class is shown here with the Canadian flag that I brought to the summit with me. After the presentation I had the opportunity to meet the students where they shared with me their own dreams. This was a special time for me....and thanks to everyone for all the hugs!!!!

1 comment:

Raylene said...

Lucille, your expedition goes on and on! How wonderful for you to visit the kids having offered them such an opportunity for learning! What an excellent way to multiply your experience!