Cycling Across The Tibetan Plateau
Spring 2019

Where Lucille has been for the past 24 hours.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mt. Everest 2010 #48

Gabcast! Mt. Everest 2010 #48

Namaste everybody from down the valley. Sorry I didn't make a Gabcast for yesterday. What happened was we left Base Camp at about 9:00 in the morning and made it all the way to Namche Bazaar which took me 11 hours. I'm a little bit of a slow walker but it was a long ways.

We're a little sad to be leaving Base Camp; happy too. We made a lot of new friends in Base Camp and we're wishing them all well as they're waiting for the winds to die down. Hopefully they'll be starting their summit bids soon. On our way out we stopped at IMG and I was lucky enough to talk to Mike and ?? . He was less than 1000 feet from the summit Labouche east. He was going strong so I am sure that he made it to the summit. I am sure that he wants to say hi to his grandkids Jamal, Quinton, Jesse and Hannah. So he was doing really well.

So that was on our way out. Made it to Namche. We're sure glad to be down the valley wearing some nice footwear. Our appetites are coming back and we ate really well yesterday and we of course slept really well. So today we are heading down to Lukla; we're kind of part way there already. We'll wait there overnight and then fly out to Kathmandu. Looks like we'll be flying home on the 15th. ?? so kind of keep an eye on things. We'll be doing some Gabcasts and I'll be uploading pictures as soon as I get to Kathmandu. I wasn't able to do it from Namche. There is one picture that should be uploaded on the PeakFreaks.com website of Domhnall and I on the summit. So have a look at that and I will be posting more pictures when we get to Kathmandu and I have access to my picture viewer and stuff. So thanks to everyone for listening and we'll be calling in soon. ?? to you all and bye.

No comments: