Cycling Across The Tibetan Plateau
Spring 2019

Where Lucille has been for the past 24 hours.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mt. Everest 2010 #40 - Base Camp - Resting

Gabcast! Mt. Everest 2010 #40



Namaste everybody, this is the report for May 1.

I am down in Base Camp, doing my final rest before I do my summit push. I had a visit from Domhnall, earlier on this morning and he is doing well as well, staying at Base Camp, he went down to Gorak Shep to just visit with some friends for a few hours. Otherwise, about half the team has gone down to Pheriche, they are doing that as a bit of a rest before they do their summit push. Some people believe that going down you have better appetites, of course you're eating a bit more, you're sleeping better, you're healing any injuries that you have or any illnesses that you might have. My fear is that if I go down, that I might not want to come back up, becasue the grass is green over there, there are some flowers, that sort of stuff, so that's why I have chosen to stay at Base Camp here.

I wanted to say a special hello to Emilie who is back from Egypt, and I wanted to thank her sister Sam for taking such good care of her uncle Ted while I was gone and for house-sitting for us.

So, everything is good here, it looks like there might be a bit of a weather window in about a week, so I might be starting up my push a little bit earlier, so keep listening, and I'll let you know what's going on.

Talk to you soon. Bye.

No comments: