Cycling Across The Tibetan Plateau
Spring 2019

Where Lucille has been for the past 24 hours.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Just relaxing

This was our reception at the airport. Thanks to everyone who came out and made it special for us. Unfortunately we were so tired, that we didn't go out with everyone for a drink, but just left them all at the airport! Maybe they went out and celebrated without us!!!!

Despite being home, and my summit is over, many of my teammates remain on the mountain, hoping for their own summit in a few more days. Two of my teammates, Pete - we climbed through the ice fall together several times and he is very strong, and Corrina - the first Finnish woman to summit along with one of the guides Hugo - also very strong, were successful in their summit bid a few days ago. I was happy to hear that they summitted and cheered when I heard of their success. Now we just have to wait for the next weather window on the 22nd and root for the rest of the team.

I will spend the next few weeks relaxing, spending time with Ted, and trying to get out and visit all the schools who participated and followed us on our journey. I will be contacting you in the next few days to set up a time.

I am also planning on doing a big slide show presentation sometime in the near future. I am still looking for a venue in Edmonton (preferably free or low cost), so if anyone has any ideas please let me know. I am hoping to do it within the next 6-8 weeks, soon enough so that the experience is still fresh, but enough time that allows me to reflect on the whole expedition. Keep checking back for details of the slide show.


No comments: