Cycling Across The Tibetan Plateau
Spring 2019

Where Lucille has been for the past 24 hours.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mt. Everest 2010 #43-Camp 3

Gabcast! Mt. Everest 2010 #43


Namaste everybody from Camp 3.

I made it up here in about 6 hours. We are now resting. The word is, is that nine sherpas summited today when they fixed the rope all the way up to the summit. So that bodes well for us leaving the South Col late on the 6th. and hopefully summitting on the 7th. The weather looks like it will probably hold. It looks like there's going to be some strong wind on the afternoon or the evening of the 7th. By strong winds-we're talking about 150 km an hour. So if it comes true, that's what's going to be happening. Hopefully I going to be on my way down. Everything is well heere, I'm here with Tshering. He has made me some tea, he's made me some tea, he's made me some soup. We are hydrating, we are sitting, we still have an appetite.

I have a little quiz for those with medical knowledge. If somebody's vitals are: a heart rate of 114, the oxygen saturation is 70% and we're breathing at a rate of 26, where do you think we are? We are right at ?? acclimatizing at Camp 3 or above.

So I'm here. I'm not on oxygen. I will start, I will start the oxygen tomorrow morning, att 3:00 in the morning when I leave for the South Summit (Col) or Camp 4. So watch the spot and I'll call from the South Summit (Col). Love to you all and I'll talk to you soon. Bye.

14 comments:

CindyT said...

Awesome job Lucille!! Every day I am more excited and inspired by your progress. Keep it up! You are almost there! Thinking of you and sending tons of good wishes for success your way!! BIG HUGS!

Marie Beaupre said...

Lucille:
If I could brag that I was not on pins and needles till this morning, now it is starting to be very anxious and excited about it all. It is not easy to be the mother of a STAR.
On the 7th, there will be a mass for you, Dumhall and all your fiends and acquaintance who supported you in many ways. I fully know that on the 7th at 9:00 a.m. mass time, you may be well on the way back and that is OK. I will further ask that all of you, friends, etc. be blessed.
Don't forget to show us the picture of Fr. Troy, and capsule of your Dad and Chantale, and if you have 2-3 minutes to write the names of these three and maybe of Dominic, the sick man from QC who made you a special request. It would certainly be a nice gesture of compassion. Maybe he has some Cimon or Beaupré blood! who knows.

Love, love and tons of it.

Mom

Linda P said...

Lucille,

What an incredible undertaking! We are all cheering for you as you reach the final leg on this amazing journey of personal challenge and experience. Kudos! Greg and I send our personal thoughts and energy your way.

The STARS Team is there for you all the way, watching your progress and you are in our thoughts as the summit is in your sights.

Stay safe and may the wind be beneath your wings.


Linda and Greg

Unknown said...

GO LOOSE WHEEL :)

Cheering you on here from Vancouver. Watching your spot everyday. Tell me what the view is like from the top of the world in a few days.

Miriam said...

Way to go Lucille!!! Wow - What an exciting couple of days ahead. We're right there with you in spirit and we know you can do it!!!

Brighid said...

i went away for the long weekend when you were taking it easy resting, and came back to find your summit bid is suddenly underway! Will be thinking about you both constantly on Thurs/Fri, with my heart in my mouth... One foot at a time! Bx

Anonymous said...

Love you! You're going to do this! I'm so excited for you! Hugs! Nafisa

Claudia K said...

I am so excited for you Lucille - you are an amazing woman and I can't wait for the hugs when you return. Maybe a few beers too!!Stay safe and good luck once again. Love Claudia

Anonymous said...

Lucille, so exciting!!!! Sending lots of good wishes your way and will be watching the blog and SPOT frequently to see your progress. Stay strong! Paula and family

DeanneC said...

Wow...I have goosebumbps Lucille....you are one step away from the top of the world. I am so excited for you guys...I have spot on and ready for anything. I am praying the winds are like Alberta....always there, but tolerable just the same. Can't wait to hear your voice from the south Col. Cheers and hugs. Breath well, too.

Don & Diane said...

NOTRE PETIT SHERPETTE

Gather strength, rest well Lucille
Summit sure footed this next ordeal

Our many spirits accompany thee
and once a'top let spill your glee

For in that JOY - remember this
All Earth is held within YOUR bliss

Safe Return

Love Don & Diane

Barb A said...

Lucille, m heart is in my throat!!!! I can't wait until you are the top. I know you will do it! STAY SAFE. Barb A

Al & Arlene said...

Two more days! My heart is in my mouth...please, please, please take care! We're keeping fingers and toes crossed...good luck!!
Al & Arlene

sharon laing said...

Stay strong, stay focused. You can do this. I am thrilled and nervous for you. My prayers are with you.