Cycling Across The Tibetan Plateau
Spring 2019

Where Lucille has been for the past 24 hours.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mt. Everest 2010 #46

Gabcast! Mt. Everest 2010 #46

Namaste everybody! This is May 8th and just a few hours ago I did my last trip through the ice fall. It's a little hard to believe that my big goal that I've been dreaming about for so many years is, is actually finally over and I'm now back down at Base Camp safe and sound.

We climbed through the night and it's, you know, a little surreal, we pass the balcony, obviously places I've looked at pictures of, for, you know, hundreds of pictures for probably the last twenty years. So passing the balcony, the South Summit, ?? is beautiful, the Hillary Step, which wasn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be, and then the summit ridge and then the climb to the summit. It, it's a little, a little surreal. I was looking at the pictures today, and yah, I was actually there and yah it was really quite spectacular, quite, how do they say, quite memorable, but I have to look at the pictures to sort of remind myself, kind of what I saw, and kind of looking down and seeing all the wonderful sights and the wonderful people around here. And it really was a wonderful experience. I think of all the experiences that I've had leading up to this, helping me to reach this goal. I'm reminded about all that as well. It's really great... sorry, I'm still very overwhelmed, telling about it quite a bit today, but it is wonderful.
I will probably still make a couple more gabcasts over the next couple of days. There are still two things that I want to be talking about. Lorraine sent me a little care package with all the comments people have put on the blog, up until April 18th when Mike left and I'm overwhelmed by all these wonderful comments and all the wonderful friends that I have, so thank you very much for all of your support. It meant the world to me. So, everyone take care, and I'm thinking about you all tonight. It's great. I feel loved; I feel very loved. So once more, thank you very much everybody and we'll be talking to you soon. Bye

4 comments:

Claudia K said...

Hi Lucille - Hope you have a good rest this evening and you sound wonderful on your gabcast. . amazing how we have felt so close to you on your trip. I have looked at the 'album' twice already and can't wait to see these again in our classroom on the big screen! I feel a potluck lunch very soon with all of us together. . so many questions for you Lucille, but they will have to wait until you get back. Lots of hugs headed your way! I will also be thinking of Ted heading out to Tofino . .one of my favorite spots on the island.
Continue to stay safe Lucille.

Linda P said...

Lucille,

Congratulations! Had tried to blog you just before you summitted and somehow did not properly log into Google. So here are all our congrats from the STARS team - you did it! This must have been quite, and is still quite, the exhilarating journey.

The wind was beneath your wings coupled with your energy and determination. Absolutely awesome!!

Linda and Greg

barb & marty said...

Hi Lucille

We are so proud of you and excited for you. We are all watching so closely and hoping for you all the way. We are so glad you are safe and hope everyone else up there with you will be too.

See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lucille!!! I just read about your tremendous accomplishment on the internet and am very happy for you! My sister made it past base camp one and some of your pictures remind me of the ones she took on her expedition. May you have continued success in all you undertake and as you re-adjust to life off the mountain. Once again my deepest congratulations...it is quite an amazing feat and Canadians everywhere are very proud of you!!! Blessings! Shirley