Cycling Across The Tibetan Plateau
Spring 2019

Where Lucille has been for the past 24 hours.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Visiting friends

Tonight was special. We went to visit Walter in his home and shared a delightful meal with them. Walter was on Manaslu this summer as part of the Italian team that shared out base camp. Although I am about to start a new expedition, and all my energy is focused on it, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to relive a bit of a past expedition.
We looked at pictures and videos, told stories and just shared the experience we had......together but separately this spring.
Supper was unbelievable....an assortment of munchies, olives pickled onions on the table. The appetizer was two large blows of Russian salad, deviled eggs along with cheese and salami. The first course was two large spinach cannelloni, then a huge salmon filet with roasted potatoes....then out comes a roast. Just when I thought I was going to burst a delicious salad. Then we needed desert....one not three!!! Fruit salad, then strudel and then a large bowl of pastries. Unbelievable!!! I may not have to eat for a week!!! :-)))
It was not possible to fly today so I packed and organized and relaxed. A great day!!!

No comments: