Cycling Across The Tibetan Plateau
Spring 2019

Where Lucille has been for the past 24 hours.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Training flight

The plan for today was to get up early, hike up to the refuge and launch from there but Mother Nature had another plan for us. The wind was in the wrong direction for that launch so we went to a different spot....one that did not require any hiking :-(
Actually today was a typical Canadian paragliding day where the biggest adventure was getting to the launch....driving through deep snow...almost getting stuck was way more exciting than the flight....almost.
Today I put on two GoPros, one on my leg looking up at me and one attached to a plastic bottle flying below and behind me. Well...I forgot to put a memory card into the one on my foot, and the one flying behind me I put in a memory card that is too slow....so the video is choppy. But the flight was great! Four crazy Italians and me...thank goodness for the little bit of Italian that I learned prior to getting here.
Below us a picture of the GoPros that I plan to fly with tomorrow. One on my ankle, one on my helmet, one on my harness looking backwards and one flying behind me. They are charging right now, and they all have the appropriate memory cards in them. I'm prepared....now we just need the right wind conditions to fly!!!!
:-)))))





1 comment:

Claudia said...

Good luck with your flight and hoping to see a video of this training flight and more! Stay safe Lucille.