Cycling Across The Tibetan Plateau
Spring 2019

Where Lucille has been for the past 24 hours.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

More training flights.

This is a video Marco put together from our flight yesterday. All the video is from his GoPro because I was having technical difficulties with mine.....er...the operator of said GoPros!!! He had a GoPro mounted on the end of a stick and had it facing him for most of the flight, but he did drop it under him for an interesting view.

I think I have it all figured out now as I may not have another opportunity for any more test flights before heading to Tanzania. The batteries are charged, correct memory cards are inserted, lanyards are attached so I don't lose them and the charging cords and solar charging panel are packed. I think I'm ready!!!

My plan is to mount one on my helmet looking forward, mount one on the back of my harness looking behind me. This will give an interesting view of the mountain as I'm flying away, as well has having frontal views of the pilots behind me. The third I will place on my ankle looking back at me and my wing. I am not sure if I will fly with the one attached to the pop bottle.....it is designed to fly behind me to catch a view of me and where I am going. Yesterday I hung it too low and it did a bit of bouncing while I was running to take off, and there wasn't a view of me. If I hang it too high, there is the possibility that it could get caught in my paraglider lines, which wouldn't be very good. If I get to fly tomorrow then I will try it out again.

Enjoy the video!!!

Click here

No comments: