Cycling Across The Tibetan Plateau
Spring 2019

Where Lucille has been for the past 24 hours.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 26 - May 7


VoiceMessage


Namaste everybody, this is Lucille calling from Camp 2. It is May 7th, I believe, I know it's Monday. Achew...Excuse me, and that's about all I know.

It was a hot day getting up here, and it was really hard. I was carrying a full load, so that was good. Got up here at about two, and Domhnall was trying to make his way up to Camp 3. I don't know how far he got. I, we are bunking in with the Polish team, and they are the team that does Winter ascents of 8,000 metre peaks, which is really quite crazy, you can imagine minus fifty for three months. Anyways, that's who we're bunking with, they are awesome guys. They said they made it about a little over half way to Camp 3.

So the goal for Domhnall I think tomorrow is to move to Camp 3, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I haven't been feeling very strong this climb, and we'll just kind of see how things go. But everything is good right now, it's now overcast and snowing and a little bit cold, so I'm just going to head in and warm up.

So, everybody take care. Love to all. Bye.

1 comment:

WeiYu said...

Proud of you Lucile for climbing mount everest , feel good and I leave this comment to boost your confidence !!