Cycling Across The Tibetan Plateau
Spring 2019

Where Lucille has been for the past 24 hours.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 25 - May 6


VoiceMessage


Namaste everyone, it is May 6th, and I am, guess where, Camp 1, I guess it has really only been Camp 1 or Base Camp up until now.

So, let me catch you up on what happened yesterday morning. There's been so much snow, as you know, and so, Domhnall left for a little while and he came back with two pairs of snowshoes, and so he gave one pair to the Italians, and he kept one pair for himself, and we were thinking that if we had enough people on skis, like four or five people on skis that would go first, and then after that the people on snowshoes, and then after that the people walking that most people should make it up to Camp 2.

So, we came up to Camp 1 yesterday, and we had a few little problems during the night, we didn't have enough ventilation in our snow cave, today, everything is good.

So this morning, Domhnall took his snowshoes and he headed up to Camp 2. Now unfortunately, noone except the three Polish guys, have come up from Base Camp. So there are now, I think it's seven or eight people now at Camp 2. I decided to stay at Camp 1, I was just a little bit tired and just needed a little bit more of a rest. I think the plan for tomorrow is that there is going to be a whole bunch of people going up to Camp 2, I think myself included, I'll see how I feel, and from Camp 2 that's going to be our new Base Camp, and we are not coming down until we either summit or we run out of time, or we decide we're coming down. So, keep an eye on the spot, and we'll see how things go.

Today was actually a beautiful day, we only had probably about three or four inches of snow, so that's really spectacularly beautiful for us. The day before we only had, once again, well probably about six inches of snow or so. But, actually fairly nice now, and last night was actually a clear night, so that's the second clear night since we've been up here on the 20th.

So everyone take care, love to you all. Bye.

No comments: