Cycling Across The Tibetan Plateau
Spring 2019

Where Lucille has been for the past 24 hours.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Prayer Flags

These are the prayer flags that I will be carrying with me. They have prayers printed on them and are usually placed on the highest points in Nepal and Tibet where they can flap in the wind. The belief is that everytime they flap, it sends off prayers for the person who placed them there. This set has been signed by my family and friends and I will carry them up with me and leave them on the summit along with two small vials of ashes, one from my father, and the other of my cousin Chantal. I also have a picture of Father Michael Troy who was also a mountaineer who dreamed of climbing Everest. I met him last week and I received his blessing. Unfortunately he passed away a few days after I met him as I would have loved to have heard all his stories. I'm sure that they will all be there helping me along when it becomes difficult.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant wait to follow the blog on your adventure. Im so excited for you and hope that it is all that you have dreamt about. xx Martine

EKIM, STEVE AND JIMS NEPAL TRIP said...

Heyyyy Loosewheel. I think you will find the climb easy as there will be so many of us climbing along with you pushing from behind,(we'd pull from the front but it's not likely we would be fast enough to get ahead of you). We hope this adventure is all you want it to be and Barb and I are looking forward to the stories and new book you will have when you get back. Ekim and Brab