Cycling Across The Tibetan Plateau
Spring 2019

Where Lucille has been for the past 24 hours.

Friday, February 8, 2013

Yesterday we headed off to the local flying hill. Getting 30 people there was quite the feat....but we managed.
On arrival at the bottom of the hill it was hit and dusty and there was a huge dust devil. The beginnings of a thermal but it is very turbulent close to the ground. It took almost an hour to walk to the top and on arrival we heard thunder and saw rain clouds heading our way. The people who flew early hand exciting (read scary!) flights.
I spent time chatting with the locals. One young woman and I got along and she told me that all the people living below the hill are Masai - warriors. The young men dress differently once they are initiated.
Although I didn't fly and walked down I had a lot if time to visit with the young woman and she told me stories about her life and her family.

No comments: