Cycling Across The Tibetan Plateau
Spring 2019

Where Lucille has been for the past 24 hours.

Friday, February 8, 2013

Plant with a Purpose

I missed this charity visit as I was still on the mountain, so I do not have any pictures to show yet but I do have a bit of information.
Not only do they plant trees, but they also have some small cooperatives. These small groups get together and make small loans to locals-usually women so that they can start a business. Once the original loan has been paid off they can reapply for another. The money that is loaned out comes from people-again mostly women who pool their own money together to loan out.
Not only are they helping each other to reach their goals but they have to put a lot of time and planning into the application to be accepted. These are all life skills that can only help them improve their situation. It is really exciting!!!
Today we are heading out to a Masai village and I will post once I am back,

No comments: