Cycling Across The Tibetan Plateau
Spring 2019

Where Lucille has been for the past 24 hours.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Extreme Parawaiting

OK, so no sooner do I post my speculation, then I get a sat phone call from Lucille that pretty much confirms what I said. All but 8 have descended,about half the group has gone down half way and the rest all the way. They did get relief supplies via helicopter to the top of extra food and water so all is good there.


The eight pilots remaining are:

Lucille deBeaudrap
Marco Heltai
Alan Olivieri
Sano Babu Sunuwar
Jeff - I assume Jeffrey Brown
Arthur - I assume Arthur Fabert
Andrew Forbes
Pavel Alcocer

They are holding out for one last chance to fly early tomorrow morning...(tonight in Mountain timezone)

Lucille also wanted to sing the praises of Adrian and Paula McRae, who have been amazing in putting all of this together, and their response to the unexpected events.

She also tried to send out summit photos, but they have not arrived. Perhaps her data plan has hit the limit.....

Ted

No comments: