4 of 7
Mt. Kilimanjaro - 19,340 ft. (5,895m)

January 27 - February 16, 2013


Where Lucille has been for the past 24 hours.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Feb 5 voicemail


VoiceMessage


Click above to listen to Lucille's voicemail from Feb 4. The summary would be that she is at camp 7 on the glacier in the crater below the summit. They are waiting to assess the wind conditions in the morning and may need to wait another day. Cross your fingers for favorable conditions to fly. Ted

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Ted, can you tell me what wind conditions Lucille would be looking for? I am looking at the summit forecast and just wondering. Cathy Brown

Cathy said...

Ted, can u tell me what the wind conditions Lucille is looking for would be? I am looking at he summit forecast and wondering what is desired.

Lucille said...

They would want a slight breeze in their face to make it easier to launch, but not more than 10-15kph. They could make it work in stronger if they need to, but I think Lucille said it was blowing something like 40kph, which is way too strong.

Ted