Cycling Across The Tibetan Plateau
Spring 2019

Where Lucille has been for the past 24 hours.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day 11, April 22


VoiceMessage
Namaste everybody, this is Lucille calling from Base Camp. It's April 22nd. and it's almost 7:00 at night, we're just getting ready to have some supper.

So today was our second rest day at base camp. So by rest day I mean we are getting all our gear organized, and then Domhnall went for a little stroll, he went about two-thirds of the way to camp one without a pack. I don't know how far I went, I headed out for about a two hour stroll. So that was really nice, it's feeling good, I'm probably not having to run to the toilet every half hour and the nausea is finally settling down so I think the antibiotics have finally kicked in, so that's really good, I'm feeling so much better.

It started off being quite warm this morning, and then it got overcast, and then it's been snowing for the about the past four hours or so. I don't know what tomorrow's gonna bring, it's not snowing a whole lot, it's just kind of continuous coming down.

The plan originally was to do a load carry to camp 1, but we'll see what the forecast holds and how we're feeling tomorrow morning, and that sort of thing. Most people will take three rest days at base camp before even doing even thinking of a load carry to camp 1. If we can do a load carry then that's great, if not then we will just take one more day.

So I'm just going to head off and have some supper now that I can stand to eat and feeling really good, and everyone take care out there. Alright. bye.

No comments: