Cycling Across The Tibetan Plateau
Spring 2019

Where Lucille has been for the past 24 hours.

Thursday, April 18, 2019

April 18 In Transit

I'm sitting in the Vancouver airport, waiting for my flight to Hong Kong which is delayed a bit and so excited to be on my way.  It's always at this point that I look back on the training and wish that i had done just a little bit more!!!!  Oh well, that's what the trek to Everest base camp is for, not only to help me acclimatize but it will be trekking 8-24km per day so that should get me fit and ready to cycle!

Thanks to everyone for their encouraging words and texts the past few days and so many last night, sorry that I couldn't respond properly but they are all appreciated.

The adventure has begun, and with only 3 hours sleep last night as I left too many things for the last day, 4 hrs the night before as I was working, it doesn't look like I will be getting much more until
I reach Monjo on April 21.  So glad that I'm a shift worker and used to this😀.
In 24 hours I will be in Kathmandu and will update from there.
Thanks for following 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we are looking forward to reading all about your trip
go Lucille go!!