Cycling Across The Tibetan Plateau
Spring 2019

Where Lucille has been for the past 24 hours.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day two

Today was a huge day.  We started a bit later because of the night run last night which by the way was so much fun!!!  I tripped a few times in the dark but managed to stay on my feet.
This morning it took about an hour to shuttle all the cars where they needed to go, then we were on our bikes for leg three.  I have new respect for all my mountain biking friends!!!!  The course was long, rocky, sharp long drop offs into the smoky river, and at the same time so much fun.  I got off the bike when it got too technical, but by the end I was getting off less, riding over logs....ok maybe they were twigs but I was doing it!!!!

After a pizza lunch we loaded our bikes and headed up for leg 4, Hamel assault.  Over 6500 feet of elevation gain.  It was cool and windy at the top and lots of wide deep puddles over the entire course but my feet stayed dry for most of the leg and we only had a bit of rain....yeah!!!!  Another good day.  One more before I head home.

No comments: