Cycling Across The Tibetan Plateau
Spring 2019

Where Lucille has been for the past 24 hours.

Friday, June 1, 2012

Last day in Kathmandu

Today I was the princess and took a rickshaw ride to go clothes shopping with Jhita. Yesterday one of the girls staying at the hotel showed up with a sari and some other clothing that she had had made, and it was so beautiful that I thought I would like to bring home something similar.
The problem was that I only had a few hours before flying out so I had to buy something ready made instead of having something custom made for me.
The shopping experience here in Kathmandu is so different than back home. Here you enter the shop and you sit down on a comfortable sofa. You are offered tea and sweets while the sales ladies open up package after package offering what they have, which is an enormous selection, no two similar let alone alike! Amazing.

Then after I had made my selection the tailor came in, took my measurements and headed off to make the alterations.
When he returned the shop was full of women and they all wanted to see me in my new outfits. This was so much fun!!!

No comments: