Cycling Across The Tibetan Plateau
Spring 2019

Where Lucille has been for the past 24 hours.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

What's next?

It's hard to believe that it has only been a year since my summit of Everest. In so many ways it seems like a life time ago because I have been so busy. I have visited many schools, talked to several thousand children as well as presented to hundreds of adults in the hopes of inspiring others to follow in my foot steps - achieving their own dreams.

My last presentations were just a few days ago to the nurses at the RAH to kick off Nurses' week. These two sessions were emotional for me as they were on the same day as my summit last year, and in the audience were many of my friends that I have worked with over the years, sharing the fun times and difficult times of nursing.

My Everest summit has changed me in so many ways that I could not have anticipated, and for that I am so happy that I took the challenge. Achieving a goal that for many years I kept secret for fear that if I spoke it aloud it would disappear. A goal that I thought about almost every day for 35 years. A goal that even today brings tears to my eyes when I think about it. The goal that has changed the direction of my life.

Many people have asked "What can possibly top Everest?" while others ask "What's next?"
Well in a few days we leave to climb Denali in Alaska. This time we are a team of three and I will try to take on more of a leadership role, while having the backup of two strong and capable teammates. Follow along as we attempt to climb the tallest peak in North America, situated in Alaska.

No comments: