Cycling Across The Tibetan Plateau
Spring 2019

Where Lucille has been for the past 24 hours.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Training for Manaslu



We are just 3 weeks from our Manaslu expedition and I wanted to share a few pictures of us training this past winter. The training that we've chosen for this expedition is different than any other training we have done. Instead of spending all my time in the stairwell, we have been outside ice climbing. Moving as quickly as we could during the approaches to the climbs, sometime carrying extra weight in a water bladder, then enjoying ourselves during the climbs.
Last week we went up Mount Abraham. Domhnall was in the lead breaking trail after a moderate snowfall. The snow got deeper and deeper and I thought about offering to break trail, but I was having so much more fun relaxing behind. Finally Domhnall turned around and suggested that I break trail. I replied - sure, if you do dishes tonight. With a smile he said we were turning around! I broke trail briefly until I gave up!

No comments: