Cycling Across The Tibetan Plateau
Spring 2019

Where Lucille has been for the past 24 hours.

Friday, June 4, 2010

I would like to take this time to thank all the teachers who have invited me to share my story with the children in their schools. All the teachers have done something different with their class, incorporating parts of my experience into their classroom, and it has been fun and interesting to speak with the teachers. I have met some fabulous teachers that will use whatever means they can to keep their students engaged. I have also been very impressed by the students that I have met. They were very respectful, staying quiet during the presentations, the questions that were asked at the end, and many thanked me personally for coming to their school or classroom. You have all made this expedition worthwhile by allowing me to share it with you.

I have always said that it is the journey, not the destination that is the most important. While the summit was spectacular and took my breath away, it was nothing compared to all the experiences that I had leading up to the summit, and all the opportunities that I have had since. I had no idea that so many people were watching and following along, wishing us well as we were off to achieve our goal, and this has made all the sacrifices worthwhile. I will be presenting my expedition to three more schools next week, along with one evening presentation for the parents, and then it is back to work and back to training for the next expedition.

Stay tuned for the date of the presentation here in Edmonton.

No comments: