Cycling Across The Tibetan Plateau
Spring 2019

Where Lucille has been for the past 24 hours.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Bow Summit

April 8 - I headed off to Lake Louise Ski hill to take some skiing lessons before my trip to Logan. I spent two days on the ski hill will Jill, one of the ski instructors at the ski hill. I managed to get down the hill without injury, but all this was without a pack.

April 10 - I headed off to Bow Summit to put into practice all the lessons that Jill had taught me.


After a bit of breakfast, I put on a small pack and headed up the hill. I had the whole hill to myself and the snow conditions were perfect.



The sun was shining, so I slathered on the sunscreen, not bothering to look in the mirror!




Just before heading back home, I strapped on the snow shoes that I had borrowed from Kathy and headed up and down the hill for a bit of practice. I was told that we may have to wear snow shoes on Logan if the conditions warrented it, so I decided that I should have a bit of experience prior to getting there. The snow shoes worked great, but I am sure hopping that we will not have to use them.

No comments: